Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mother's Tired

Mother’s tired
It’s all because of you
These tears I rain
This hot bubbling I can’t keep inside
The reason I’m hot and cold
At the same time in the wrong places


You, you made me this way
With your
Sowing and reaping
You misuse and abuse

Your children, your father and your father’s father
With their
Dying and needing
Always wanting more and whining

But today TODAY I showed you

Mother showed you alright
Earthquakes and hurricanes
Flooding and drought
Fires burning on water

I’ve warned you again and again

Your fathers coming!!



8/31/11

Written as a result of watching the nightly news where they talked about Hurricane Irene, hurting the same people who were hurt by the earthquake.  Then Vermont because of the flooding and then to the middle of America for the drought and lastly the marsh fire in Louisiana

1 comment: