Monday, February 27, 2012

Badass to the Bone!


I’ve been doing absolutely horrible on my eating right and exercise plan for 2012 for the last two weeks!  Not sure why it so damn easy to fall off the wagon but any change in schedule is enough for me to find myself running behind the wagon – just half heartily gimping along acting like I’m really trying to get back on board.  My down fall is sugar (well primarily – we’ll ignore fat for this conversation) and I cannot tell you how many sweet tarts I ate last week.   So between all the sugar around the office last week and my sales meeting throwing me off my exercise schedule …OY.  Yes I know and can hear it myself…..EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES!! 

So last night I sat up and tortured myself by watching a marathon of “My 600lb life”!  First, for the record I don’t have body dimorphic disease.  I know I’m not close to where those people are.  I know that it would take years for me to get there however, I do feel like given the right set of circumstances I could get close.  From what I saw all you need is an enabler (I have one – Hubby), a food addiction ( If I don’t have one I’ve got to be pretty close), be predisposed to weight gain and lastly be able to justify bad behavior!  Well that would be me in a nutshell – CRAP! I really need to get rid of my enabler!!  OK, that was a joke but kind of ironic that I choose the one trait that has nothing to do with me changing….Y’all pray for me!!

Anyway, it’s back on the grind this week.  Back to eating better – NO CANDY, NO JUNKFOOD – Funny cutting those two things out of my diet is enough to get me to a steady 1-2lbs a week weight loss.  UGH that truth is so ugly sometimes.  NO CANDY! NO JUNKFOOD!  By default that makes my diet low card because that’s how I get my carbs other than that I’m a meat eater by nature.  Also back to exercise – its Monday so its ZUMBA night! 

So this year is the year of the Badass!  Part of being a badass is finishing the things I start.  Getting things off my bucket list and looking like the person I see in my head!  She is a badass!!

Good thing I don’t have to do it all by myself:

Philippians 1:6

6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! Love it love it... did I say love it!??

    One of my big things this year is SOUL FOOD! Feeding my soul so I won't feel compelled to feed my face!! YOU my dearest friend are well on your way to feeding your soul! Fulfilling that Bucket List is a great way to get that going!

    YOU CAN DO IT! And you know I am here for you!

    La-

    ReplyDelete